Thursday, July 3, 2014

Patriotic Bark

Summer is officially here!! With it comes BBQ's, river trips, pool parties, beach days and one of my favorite holidays, 4th of July!

We are celebrating America's 238th year as the "land of the free" BBQ-ing and soaking up some California sunshine at the beach with friends. Naturally, I wanted to bring something festive and easy to munch on. I decided to do a spin on my "Easter Bark" and make "Patriotic Bark". I liked this version a lot better...it's the perfect mix of sweet and salty...making it dangerously good!!




You'll Need:
-Pretzel Sticks
-Roasted Peanuts
-White Chocolate Candy Melts
-Red, white, and blue M&M's (which I couldn't find - I just bought original M&M's and picked out the blue and red ones)



 What You'll Do:
-Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
-Spread out peanuts and broken pretzel sticks

 
-Melt the white chocolate candy melts according to the directions
-Spread melting chocolate over peanuts and pretzels
-Add red and blue M&M's
-Let harden in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes


-Break apart and serve

I am serving my Patriotic Bark in a festive basket with the Patriotic Pretzel Sticks.


 I wrapped it all up in cellophane with a cute ribbon!


Enjoy!! =)




No comments:

Post a Comment